Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Homeschooling Research

Since I began the homeschooling journey, beginning with the momentous decision to keep my children out of the school-system, I have sought to learn more about said system
, and about the practice of homeschooling.  This lens: The History of Education in America--was one I put together myself, following my review of John Gatto's book, and research I performed thereafter.

Today I came across Milton Gaither's blog: Homeschooling Research Notes, which was a welcome discovery.  Gaither's site discusses homeschool history, policy, and practice.  He is a Professor at Messiah College in Grantham, PA, posting about his own research into homeschooling as well as others' research.  His site is a proverbial goldmine of posts relating to research into homeschooling, and homeschooling issues, news, and more.  He also sports a number of links to other such sites/blogs.

Gaither is currently taking a year off from blogging, however--for anyone interested in current studies on the homeschool-movement, Gaither's blog is well-stocked with several years worth of archives and still worth the click; but you don't have to take my word for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment